Re: remove xview?

On Jan 15, 2008 6:29 AM, Jack T Mudge III <jakykong@theanythingbox.com> wrote:

>  Sometimes I wish there were a security warning system in dpkg. Say, a user
> loads up Synaptic (or Adept, depending), and when they try to install a
> dangerous package -- maybe a server that opens ports by default -- they get a
> textual warning summarizing the problems, and pointing them to more
> information (/usr/share/doc/pkg_name/SECURITY, perhaps?).

There is debsecan, which looks up information from here:

http://security-tracker.debian.net/

It doesn't seem to offer integration with dpkg or apt yet.

It produces a daily mail about which vulnerabilities exist on your
system, which have been fixed and which packages have new
vulnerabilities.

--
bye,
pabs