Re: remove xview?

Hi Riku,

I have to agree that xview is museumware, but according to the
personal email response that I get for the two packages maintained
by myself (workman and xvmount) there is still a noticeable
community using them. I am myself convinced that none of the
existing replacements for workman are comparably simple, flexible
and powerful. I did not find any replacement for workman that
satisfied my needs. Therefore it would be clearly preferable if
we manage to get the 64bit support into xview, but as far as I have
looked into the code, this is non-trivial. Counting upstream dates
is no good criterion, because for my two packages all the development
in the last years has happened inside the Debian package. The
popcon is probably a much better guideline.

Cheers
	Volker
Volker Ossenkopf                                 ossk@ph1.uni-koeln.de
 Space Research Organization Netherlands - Groningen    +31 50 3634799
 1. Physikalisches Institut der Universität zu Köln    +49 221 4703485