Re: (Bad) results of running piuparts over the whole archive

On 18/01/07 at 00:13 +0100, Christian Hammers wrote:

> On 2007-01-17 Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > Numbers:
> > 173 packages failed to install (failed during run 1). This includes a
> > lot of false positives.
>
> adduser: `/etc/adduser.conf' does not exist. Using defaults.
> Password: adduser: `/usr/bin/chfn -f MySQL Server mysql' exited from signal
> 15. Exiting.
>
> Why is this? Although I don't explicitly use --disabled-login, it is the
> default for useradd which gets called by adduser. I've never received bug
> reports that somebody had to typein a password at the preinst phase of the
> mysql-server* packages.

That's one I have to investigate (and it's very annoying, since it
causes the tests to hang for all packages that depend on mysql-server).
It's most likely caused by a problem in my chroot, but adduser works
fine for all packages except mysql-server*.

I will let you know and file a bug if needed.