Re: (Bad) results of running piuparts over the whole archive

On 2007-01-17 Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> Numbers:
> 173 packages failed to install (failed during run 1). This includes a
> lot of false positives.

adduser: `/etc/adduser.conf' does not exist. Using defaults.
Password: adduser: `/usr/bin/chfn -f MySQL Server mysql' exited from signal
15. Exiting.

Why is this? Although I don't explicitly use --disabled-login, it is the
default for useradd which gets called by adduser. I've never received bug
reports that somebody had to typein a password at the preinst phase of the
mysql-server* packages.

bye,

-christian-

P.S.: Good work!