Re: Rebuilding all etch packages inside etch, round 2

On 18/10/06 at 11:52 +0200, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 11:41 +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > Actually, in a test it *might* be ok. Usually, even if they're bugs,
> > they're not RC.
> >
> > Access to a debian-mirror is necessary for some packages, but rather
> > on a exception-basis - almost all packages need to build with the
> > packages they got installed via build-dependencies.
>
> I'm not strongly opinionated on whether or not they are RC, but given
> the noted concerns I think filing it as an "important" bug is justified.

The main problem with my setup is that access to the outside world is
firewalled to protect the outside world, but DNS do work, so tests take
a very long time to fail. It would be really nice if those tests could
first check if they can reach the remote site, and only run the tests if
this is OK.