Re: Rebuilding all etch packages inside etch, round 2

* Thijs Kinkhorst (thijs@debian.org) [061018 11:34]:
> On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 11:16 +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > Internet access was not available from the nodes. Are build scripts
> > allowed to download files from the Internet during build ? Some perl
> > modules do this in their tests.
>
> No, this is definately a bug. I've indeed encountered it a couple of
> times already in Perl test suites. It's a problem because:
> - It's a privacy concern - without being asked, some information about
>   the system is being sent to a remote host;
> - I should be able to build a package on e.g. my disconnected laptop
>   or on your disconnected cluster;
> - The test has a high probability to fail lateron because of the
>   referenced host disappearing.

Actually, in a test it *might* be ok. Usually, even if they're bugs,
they're not RC.

Access to a debian-mirror is necessary for some packages, but rather on
a exception-basis - almost all packages need to build with the packages
they got installed via build-dependencies.

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/