Re: Rebuilding all etch packages inside etch

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 09:36:26AM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > Nice.  How much time would a complete archive rebuild take?
>
> The build of the 9716 source packages which I was able to build on AMD64
> took a total time of 790936s (9 days, 4 hours). So it should
> theoritically be possible to build in a bit more than 2 hours, but some
> packages seem to take too long for that:

will the grid improve performance by using tools like ccache? This might improve
rebuild times though, not first-time builds.
Anyway, how is the build already splitted across nodes automatically? or
something like make -j<largeinteger> should do? (this is only out of curiosity)

thanks,
filippo