Re: Testing system upgrade from sarge to etch

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 02:53:24PM +0200, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> ti, 2006-03-14 kello 21:52 -0500, Justin Pryzby kirjoitti:
> > On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 10:02:06PM +0200, Lars Wirzenius wrote:

> > What "optional" sarge packages aren't co-installable?
>
> Lots of them. I didn't keep a list.
>
> > Policy [0] isn't crystal clear on
> > this, but it would seem that this should be possible (right?)
>
> Yes, it shouldn't be possible, according to Policy. It is somewhat
> fairly well known that it is what happens, though. Frank Lichtenheld
> reported his findings last year at [1]. Note that I didn't even try to
> resolve the problems, yet, the script I attached does everything I
> tried. I'll work on getting a more complete sarge chroot set up,
> manually if necessary, later.
I just saw this page:
  http://ftp-master.debian.org/unmet-deps/unmet-testing-i386.html

is there any reason why this isn't integrated with the qa pages?  It
would seem to make at least as much sense to show this information as
the "Problems: override mismatch" bit.

Justin