Re: Adrian Bridgett ignoring nighthawk?

Hi Nathanael,

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 09:49:35PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode <neroden@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> So I'm not sure what to do.  Normally, I would say that such a grossly
> obsolete and unmaintained package should be removed from Debian.  I'm
> not really in the mood to do a NMU which packages a new upstream with
> two major version jumps, for a package I don't personally use.

How about pinging him and ask him? You can easyly do that by sending ONE
SINGLE mail. If he does not answer, ping him again, this time CC your
ping to debian-qa@lists.debian.org (but please also say so in your
mail).

You also filed a bug about that issue, which is good. But i don't
understand why this is an important bug rather than wishlist.

You should have learned about severity of bugs and how to use them in
your new maintainer ship time.

Greetings
Martin