Re: xlibs-dev transition; packages with adjusted dependencies needing upload

On Sat, Jan 14, 2006 at 06:17:31PM +0100, Amaya wrote:
> Hi there, Justin
>
> Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > Each of the bugs tagged patch has a short note with the necessary
> > change b-d.
>
> I intend to do this:
> http://paste.debian.net/3743
> And I am very interested in your work... I would like to see a list of
> those bugs, specifically the ones *you* fixed.
Of the 40 "patched" bugs, nearly all are patched by me.

Unfortunately my first round didn't use the script (though I was aware
of it), and so many packages say "(no replacement needed)", even
though they have a direct build-dep on some package which used to be
depended on by xlibs-dev.  So I'm going back through the bugs and
adding the dependencies from the xlibs-split-check script and
including interdiffs.

The following bugs had no needed build-dep replacement (according to
the checker script) and have nmu diffs attached:

  346622 346626 346646 346773 346827 346624 346634 346760 346795 347096

Note that some of the maintainers have already responded, so you
should take a quick look at the bug log before building.

> I am interested in sponsoring your NMUs, by the guidelines of the link I
> pasted above.
>
> > Yea, but probably best to test it, too (:), which is what I did.  Of
> > course, since I can't make uplods someone has to recompile them
> > anyway.
>
> True. Sure I will.
Junichi (dancer) had a good idea to debdiff the resulting .deb, which
is something I didn't do (but would in the future).

--
Clear skies,
Justin