Re: Matthew Vernon MIA (Was: biosquid and Hmmer)

Hi all!

First, sorry for any inconvenience, time lost, etc. that I might be causing.

On 7/30/05, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 10:25:14AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> >   IMHO it would be best to start with group maintainance.  So I would
> >   suggest
> >   to add Nelson to the uploaders field.  Thus the package is not really
> >   stolen but we can find a reasonable way to update the package for the
> >   time Matthew might have time constraints.  I would volunteer to sponsor
> >   the package for Nelson.
>
> > Matthew & QA-team, what do you think about this.
>
> I think that if such a change is made to the Uploaders: field of a package
> without the maintainer's approval, this means that instead of just hijacking
> the package, you've hijacked the package and then *lied* about it.  It isn't
> comaintenance unless the parties explicitly agree to it.

No. As I said, I don't want to steal Matthew's package or someone's
else package.
My intention was just to verify if Matthew was really MIA and if so,
update the hmmer package.

> If you meant that Nelson would only be added to the Uploaders: field with
> Matthew's approval, then I guess I don't know why the QA team's input would
> be required.

That was a suggestion to add me as co-maintainer in case Matthew was
not MIA and without time to update the package. And yes, that would
require his aproval.
If he was MIA (that is not the case), that would require the QA team
attention (because this, the first email was sent also to the QA
list).

Matthew is not MIA and I hope that the things are more clear now.

Thank you all and sorry for anything.

Regards
Nelson A. de Oliveira