Re: Idea for maintaining packages up for adoption

Raphael Hertzog <raphael@ouaza.com> writes:
> But building packages from a suvbersion repository can be done
> automatically. So yes, we could provide automatically unofficial
> packages to the users. And furthermore it would be trivially simple for
> a DD to upload a new package...

Right, because it's a *good* idea to pull some packages from an
automatic build host and upload them to the archive.

The effort to upload a package is still the same: Integrating patches
into a package is something every DD should be able to do (either using
the .diff.gz directly or by leaving the patch management to dbs, cdbs'
simple-patchsys, dpatch, quilt, ...) in a few minutes - while checking a
package before uploading takes a lot more time, especially if you don't
know the package.

Marc
--
BOFH #47: