Re: Idea for maintaining packages up for adoption

* Michael Stone (mstone@debian.org) disait :
> IMO, we lose far more points when people install packages which are in
> bad shape but haven't been removed because they don't have enough users
> to notice & file RC bugs.

Yes, I agree, but you are speaking about pure orphaned packages, I mean,
packages for which no developer is here to provide help.
This proposal aims to enhance the handling of packages orphaned in
Debian *but* which have active not-debian developers around.

Take the Tex example, we have some orphaned packages (dvidvi for
instance) no Debian Developer is willing to take the time to take it,
but a Tex expert (Benjamin) is willing to provide patches.

This proposal aims to fill the blank in such situations.

--

 - Alexis Sukrieh