Re: Failure trying to install Sarge and Ubuntu on a new Compaq Presario

Xeno Campanoli wrote:

Justin Pryzby wrote:

You might try booting Debian (and maybe Unbuntu as well; I don't know)
with the kernel cmd line "bf26" to use the 2.6 series kernel.  If your
problem lies solely in installation, then this may work around it.
(Of course, you'll also need to use 2.6 afterwards).
I just tried 2.6 on ubuntu, and it doesn't take that. I'm gonna burn another sarge disk right now and try it.

bf26 does not work as a boot command line command on either ubuntu or sarge. Did you mean something else?

--
Xeno Campanoli, xeno@eskimo.com, http://www.eskimo.com/~xeno
Pride before justice      equals destabilization.