Re: Removing old orphaned packages?

* Adeodato Simó <asp16@alu.ua.es> [2005-06-11 23:48]:
> Another option which has been proposed in the past is to remove
> orphaned packages from testing. Here one could be really aggressive
> without too much woe (1 month?), since the packages will remain in
> unstable for a bit.

I think removals from testing but not unstable only makes sense before
the release or when a package is really broken right now.  For
packages that have been orphaned for a long time, I think removing
them from the whole archive is the best way, otherwise we just end up
with unstable for a dumping ground for all the garbage.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/