Re: subscribing to pseudo-package bugs ?

Package; qa.debian.org
Severity: wishlist

On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 02:52:31PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> Hello Debian-QA,
>
> Is it possible to subscribe to a pseudo-package for the purpose of
> receiving bug-reports ? I tried to subscribe to upgrade-reports, but I
> could not.

>From http://bugs.debian.org/upgrade-reports:
Maintainer for upgrade-reports is Debian Testing Group
<debian-testing@lists.debian.org>.

But yes, you can subscribe to pseudopackages via the PTS, just as you
can subscribe to any package. You will get a warning that there is no
such package, but that's just that -- a warning. After confirmation,
you'll be subscribed to that pseudo-package's bug reports just as if
with a real package.

Of course it's a minor bug that this warning is given (and that it's not
*that* clear it's a warning and not an error). Therefore I've cc'd
submit@bugs.debian.org.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar