Re: Status of apt-listbugs

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Michael Ablassmeier wrote:

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 08:52:43AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
At first I'm bored about the Ruby dependency.  I'm not against Ruby but
I do not want yet another scripting language on a production server.
does that mean you intend to rewrite it in perl or whatever other
scripting language you like to see on a production server?
No that would mean I would purge it and its dependencies from my
production server and maintain a server in parallel which runs apt-listbugs.
I just wanted to express my opinion about this issue.  I nomally would
tell explicitely when I start doing some work on a package.

  1. Strange config file
     Apt-listbugs stores the bugs it just listed in
            /etc/apt/listbugs/ignore_bugs
     This results in a change in /etc after nearly every apt run which
     definitely sucks.

this is against FHS and violates policy. Such information belongs to
/var not /etc. Should be fixed pre sarge or the package removed from
testing, though.
If I'm not the only one who thinks that this is serious I decided to file
at least this bug (will hit the BTS in the next couple of minutes).

The other listed problems were more wishlist like and I can file bugs
here as well but I just wanted to know about the general interest in this
package from the QA team because I guess it is strongly related to this
work.

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--