Re: is Jean-Francois Dive <jef@debian.org> MIA?

Hi!

It is customary to Cc someone who you're talking about when sending mail
to a public mailinglist.

I've resent the very same mail to him, except with a notice that it was originally sent to debian-qa + a link to the archived message.

Anyway, I've noted this, and the MIA effort
(Missing in Action) will followup until this is resolved some way or
another. You yourself could offer NMU's if you're a DD, or patches if
you're not.

For libnet-ping-external-perl, I've already offered a package which fixes all lintian issues and the two bugs. CCed to bug [1]. I'm not a DD, so I can't do an NMU myself.

If you're interested, offer to adopt the package to the
maintainer, if you're not, query the maintainer about what's up.

Also offered in [1].

Anyway, by notifying QA this will be looked into, it just might take a
bit of time.

None of jef's packages has RC bugs, except l2tpd which is not sarge. So it's not urgent anyway.

--Jeroen

Willi