is Jean-Francois Dive <jef@debian.org> MIA?

Hi!

Can anyone tell me please, if Jean-Francois Dive is MIA? I see no activity on his bugs except from June 2004 [1]. The only action I could find in 2005 was answering a question on debian-user-french [2].

As he hasn't fixed important, but trivial to fix bug #209890 [3] of package libnet-ping-external-perl since more than 1 and a half year, I'm questioning if he's still intending to maintain his packages. Especially I fear, bug #307709 [4] and the lintian issues [5] will never be fixed, despite I have already sent him a package which should fix all the reported issues. [6]

How should I proceed? This is my first post concerning QA in Debian.

Willi

[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-french/2005/02/msg02060.html
[5] http://lintian.debian.org/reports/mJean_Francois_Dive.html#libnet-ping-external-perl
[6] 3rd message in [4]