Re: Is Rémi Perrot MIA?

Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
>> I'm also afraid that close to the Sarge release, next version of
>> Bugzilla will be release, and the current version no more supported by
>> the upstream.
>
> Yep, I know. That could be a candidate for volatile section eventually.

Why? Typical candidates for volatile break because crucial data needs
permanent upgrades, which may require new upstream versions of shipped
libraries. This is not the case with Bugzilla; if new security issues
arise fixes need to be backported like every other security vulnerability
as well. I see no blocker in Bugzilla's software structure to be shipped
with Sarge, besides that it hasn't been maintained for a while.

Cheers,
        Moritz