Re: Is Rémi Perrot MIA?

Hi Rémi, nice to have news from you.

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 09:02:33PM +0200, rperrot@debian.org wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 04:40:19PM +0200, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> > Bugzilla has no new uploads since April and suffers of security RC bugs.
> > I'm currently NMUing it with 0-days due to very easy fixes (new upstream
> > version fixed them and requires no additional efforts of packaging).
> >
> Your NMU are of course welcome, and NMU on all my packages are welcome
> too
>
> I currently lake of interest towards Debian. I Look for long time for
> co-maintainer but find none I have been very surprise by the freeze at
> my holidays return and think that uploading a new version during the
> freeze wasn't allowed.

Optional pkgs are not frozen, just new upstream versions discouraged.
Bugzilla is a very special case, it had a few security gotchas which
justify major upgrading. But for that, current package has a postinst
script which in very bad shape for releasing. Do you agree if me or
Moritz Muehlenhoff change it to work properly? That if you had no
time to work on it now.

> I'm also afraid that close to the Sarge release, next version of
> Bugzilla will be release, and the current version no more supported by
> the upstream.

Yep, I know. That could be a candidate for volatile section eventually.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine