Re: [404 Not Found] http://ftp-master.debian.org/queue-new/

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 03:25:19PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Mon, 03 May 2004, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> > Err, so non-DD's cannot check it anymore? Why does that service need to
> > be a DD only service? There were only the .changes to begin with.
>
> Complain the the U.S.A government.  Access to the new queue HAS to be
> restricted due to crypto-in-main.  Only software that has been notified can
> be publically accessible.  I doubt very much this has changed in the last
> year...

Err, this was the reason that only the .changes were available, which I
already noted, and didn't say anything about, precisely because I know
the reason, indeed as you say due some government's weird demands.

I was only talking about why also the mere .changes files, or even just
a list of packages/maintainers/entrydate were not anymore accessible.

Not that this is very big deal to begin with, but it can come in handy,
and I note a lot of requests like this on IRC for example (to know which
packages are in NEW).

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar