Re: [404 Not Found] http://ftp-master.debian.org/queue-new/

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 01:36:20PM +0100, Daniel Silverstone wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 12:30, J?r?me Marant wrote:
> > > I don't know if it's a known problem because I have a huge mail back log
> > > ;-) but http://ftp-master.debian.org/queue-new/ is Not Found and returns
> > > a 404...
> > > Is there another URL?
> > The URL has never existed.
>
> This is slightly wrong.
>
> The NEW queue was exported via http for a while until the full mirror on
> merkel was established. It is no longer provided. Developers should log
> into merkel (as soon as the local admin sorts the kernel out) to view
> the queues.

Err, so non-DD's cannot check it anymore? Why does that service need to
be a DD only service? There were only the .changes to begin with.

Iirc, it is adviced against people to just apply for DD if they only
want to maintain a package or two, because all stuff needed to maintain
a package is already readily available for everyone, even accounts on
various other archs on request.

By restricting such services, you make it harder for the non-DD's to
track issues themselves, and thus they probably are going to mail
ftp-masters more often to enquire about the status, while it could also
be made possible that they can check the status themselves...

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl