Re: Developer.php: show last upload

Hi Jeroen!

I looked at your script's output and have some ideas for it:

On 2004-03-08 16:46 +0100, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> I patched developer.php to show how long ago that very versions was in
> that very distribution. IMHO, this aids QA, as you can quickly see when
> the last activity was.
> [...]
> What do you think? Both concept-wise

IMHO the date of last upload is a very bad indicator of the current
state of a package; the bug count besides certainly does much better.

Nevertheless, your script works (apart from using outdated numbers)
and generally I like the idea of an "activity meter". But maybe you
can alter the concept a little bit? My idea would be to give each
package only one "last activity" figure and calculate it (maybe) as

  last activity = MIN (last upload, last reply to bug,
                       last tag setting to bug)

Just having one number would make more sense IMHO (e.g. the date of
the last upload to stable does not tell anything), but let's see what
other people think :-)

> , and layout-wise?

Why have packages whose Sid version is also in testing two numbers?
What do they say?

If you alter your measuring to only one number, then I would favor a
new row; currently the version cells contain disturbingly many
numbers. If you keep the per-distribution activity, I think it is
quite okay since versions and last-upload days have different colors.

Thanks for your great work and have a nice day!

Martin

--
Martin Pitt                 Debian GNU/Linux Developer
martin@piware.de                      mpitt@debian.org