Re: A challenge

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 09:52:46AM -0400, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 12:31:30AM +1100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > * Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> [2003-10-31 08:59]:
> > > The challenge I would like to make to anyone who would like to
> > > help in this area is to write a web-based report showing at any
> > > given time bug summaries of every debian junior meta package.
> > > There are some really nice reports at
> > > http://qa.debian.org/developer.php but unfortunately they only
> > > allow
> > >
> > > If there is already a way of getting such a report with existing
> > > tools that I have overlooked, please let me know.
> >
> > What you want to do is something like http://bugs.qa.debian.org/ and
> > it's trivial to do.  I'm fairly sure Colin will be happy to do it.

Yeah, sure, it wouldn't take long. Can you mail me the details? I'm
guessing that something like 'grep-dctrl -Pr ^junior- Packages' or
'grep-dctrl -XFTask junior Packages' would work.

> The only thing I wonder about now is if I should also be looking
> deeper, at bugs against dependencies of the packages junior-* meta
> packages directly depend on.  The qa.debian.org/developer.php reports
> show uninstallable packages and link to excuses, which in turn will
> show me problems at that level.  The bugs.qa.debian.org report
> doesn't.

It would be possible to do a full dependency graph, I guess, although I
wonder how deep it's sensible to go. If it can be done with a grep-dctrl
rune from Packages files then that would fit in nicely.

I should probably arrange to link to developer.php or something. The two
systems have similar needs, although their goals might differ a bit. I
have to say that I really dislike PHP though, and don't really want it
running on master ...