Re: Further trawl for old, ignored RC bugs

On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 08:24:33PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:

> sysklogd: #199989 -- 1/500 chance of hang on diskless systems
> Sounds effectively unreproducible, should probably be closed.

I certainly have never experienced this on my diskless system, which has run
almost everything from woody up to current unstable.  I can't boot it 500
times to check, but I expect that's a rough estimate and not a statistic.  A
system would have to be booted awfully frequently for that bug to show up if
it were.

> timidity: #166869 -- default config file broken
> Maintainer: Martin Mitchell <martin@debian.org>
> Four consecutive NMUs.  Most of his packages are currently
> NMU versions.  No sign of maintainer activity since 2002.
> He's probably MIA.

Has other problems as well; timidity-patches (a dependency) has license
issues.

--
 - mdz