Re: Need help with mgetty and maintainership problems

* Andreas Barth (aba@not.so.argh.org) [030910 15:27]:
> * Francesco P. Lovergine (frankie@debian.org) [030910 15:05]:
> > On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 12:43:21PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > > I also offered
> > > to take over maintainership, or co-maintainership if the current
> > > maintainer prefer this.

> > What was the answer?

> That he plans to abandon mgetty in a few months, but I must pass the
> NM-queue before being able to become a (co-)maintainer. (And my saying
> that I can become maintainer as long as I find a sponsor didn't bring
> me a new answer.)

I better add that I wrote him (a bit later) about the release plan,
and that mgetty needs an update and said the following ways (in order
of preference):
| - You upload a working package
| - You appoint me as a co-maintainer and I upload a working package
| - I'm doing a NMU with your blessing.
| - I'm doing a NMU without your blessing, which I wouldn't like.
| - Someone else is doing a NMU with using the patches in the BTS, which
|   I even like less.
(and I said that I would like it even less if there is no updated
mgetty in sarge.)

He said on 19 August that he'll upload "during the next days" - but
nothing has changed.

Cheers,
Andi
--