Re: Need help with mgetty and maintainership problems

* Francesco P. Lovergine (frankie@debian.org) [030910 15:05]:
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 12:43:21PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > I also offered
> > to take over maintainership, or co-maintainership if the current
> > maintainer prefer this.

> What was the answer?

That he plans to abandon mgetty in a few months, but I must pass the
NM-queue before being able to become a (co-)maintainer. (And my saying
that I can become maintainer as long as I find a sponsor didn't bring
me a new answer.)

> > My question now is: How should I proceed? Should I do a NMU? (If yes:
> > Who is willing to sponsor it?) Should I try to hijack?

> Did you consider uploading of a new source mgetty-ng which
> replaces/provides/conflicts with mgetty ? So the choice could be
> left to the users.

Yes, I considered that. However, I do not like that. If a package is
broken, it should IMHO be fixed and not duplicated. But if this is the
least-wrong way, I would go it.

Cheers,
Andi
--