Re: maintainership of binutils

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 09:23:57AM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> Martin Michlmayr writes:
> > * Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> [2003-09-09 18:02]:

> > > This QA person thinks that Matthias Klose knows what he's doing and
> > > seems to be doing a reasonable job, so perhaps you should talk to him
> > > first ...
> >
> > Yes, I fully agree.  Matthias, can you change the maintainer to
> > something generic (debian-gcc@lists.debian.org or
> > debian-toolchain@lists) in your next upload and add yourself and Chris
> > to Uploaders:?
>
> well, I would like not to get more involved in binutils than I
> currently am. James Troup offered to take over maintainership some
> time ago, and Dan Jacobowitz is involved upstream as well in binutils,
> so maybe we have better candidates?
>
> I'm away from my mail from 11.09. until 20.09. I won't do another NMU
> before this time, and I hope the situation changed after my vacations.

I don't want to end up in charge of binutils - particularly since I
maintain the FSF releases, and we're using HJ Lu's Linux Binutils
releases instead.  I wouldn't mind being in Uploaders, though, so
debian-toolchain sounds like the way to go.

In other words: I'll help but I'd like to find someone more willing to
act as point.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz