Re: Work-needing packages report for Jul 11, 2003

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 05:34:23PM +0200, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 04:28:33PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
>
>  > >  >    gphone (#161708), orphaned 293 days ago
>  >
>  > >  I'd thought there'd be more people interested in this kind of
>  > >  thing...
>  >
>  > There's newer, vastly more widely implemented standards for VoIP
>  > these days and that's where all the active interest and development
>  > is going.
>
>  So, you mean, this is not the package our users should be looking at
>  when they search for a VoIP application?  It's not only orphaned but
>  not even used? *HINT* *HINT*

There are probably people still using it.  However, looking at the
application's homepage, it doesn't appear that it supports either the
older H.323 or new SIP standards.  This is probably why there is a lack
of interest in it.

--
Jamin W. Collins

This is the typical unix way of doing things: you string together lots
of very specific tools to accomplish larger tasks. -- Vineet Kumar