Re: Last minute package update request

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 07:17:15PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:

> > > Not everybody knows everything that happens. Sorry, but that's just the
> > > way things are. If you're assuming that nothing's happening just because
> > > you're not intimately aware of it, it's _you_ that's being irrational.
> >
> > For two weeks? Surely there's been time during this time to tell everyone
> > that something's being done?!
>
> Oh, and as for the claim that I just happen to be among the unaware few,
>
> <Robot101> mstone: what architecture machines are still required for building
>            woody security updates on?
> <Robot101> mstone: or do you have the machines but not the rbuilder or
>            whatever set up?
> <mstone> Robot101: I don't know. The infrastructure work isn't done by the
>           security team.
> <Robot101> mstone: so you don't even know what you're still waiting for? =)

In the meantime, I've been criticised for posting list particular log
snippet, because mstone doesn't feel that the security team should have any
more right to information than the other developers should. Perhaps a better
example would have been quotes from Joey Hess, or something else.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.