Re: Last minute package update request

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 03:23:16AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > Not everybody knows everything that happens. Sorry, but that's just the
> > > way things are. If you're assuming that nothing's happening just because
> > > you're not intimately aware of it, it's _you_ that's being irrational.
> > For two weeks? Surely there's been time during this time to tell everyone
> > that something's being done?!
>
> I indicated that all this stuff was being worked on in my last post to
> -devel-announce. The grammar might've sucked, and the estimate of when
> it might be active was off, but nevertheless. If I had a better estimate,
> or if anything useful had changed, I might post. But there isn't any news.
>
> Of course, I could post "Hey, my last estimate didn't pan out either!" and
> see if that would get slashdotted too, but that doesn't sound like
> particularly much fun either.

Well, my response to this is the last paragraph of
<[🔎] 20020515163518.GA24828@cibalia.gkvk.hr>.

> > > (More flames. What a surprise.)
> > If you take all criticism as flaming.
>
> I take being called irrational as flaming, yeah.

Isn't is perfectly normal for things to be irrational? Maybe I'm using the
word in another meaning than you are. In any event you shouldn't take it as
offence, I didn't mean it like that.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.