Re: Coloured graph of bug history over a single package's release cycle?

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 10:42:47PM -0300, Ben Armstrong wrote:

> On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 09:12:34PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > I'll see about setting up rrdexplorer or a similar tool to allow the
> > RRDs to be interactively browsed, and see what else can be done.  I can
> > slice and dice the data many other ways, but I haven't had time to do
> > much with it.  If anyone else does, let me know and we can work out a
> > data transfer.  The stuff should compress quite well.
>
> The summary is nice.

I have the same data on a per-package level for every package which has had
at least one open bug during the collection period.

> What I'm particularly interested in is a view of either elapsed time
> between bug opening & closing, either for a single package or across a
> group of packages (e.g. all packages for a particular maintainer, or all
> dependent packages for a given package).  No urgency for this, just a
> "nice to have" to help manage the Debian Jr. project.

This data won't give you that; it doesn't track individual bugs at all, it
only counts them.  You _might_ be able to extract that kind of data from the
debbugs database, but it's a huge amount of data, and not in a readily
parseable format.

--
 - mdz