Re: Orphaned packages in testing which were never in stable

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Torsten Landschoff wrote:

> Ugh, smupsd is to be pulled from woody? *arg* I really need that package
> for our server and I am not sure if the package I built for potato
> will continue working. Perhaps I am taking this over but it is a bit
> complicated to test a package for unstable when the only system with
> the hardware I have is running stable :(
We just talked about this package when I started building it and I
appreciated your help very much.  I would give you any support if you
have questions in packaging it for Woody (if you like).  But perhaps
you should have a look at nut - which at least *should* work for
any UPS setup.  It did not really work for me when I gave it a short
trial - but currently I 'm in the same situation as you - no UPS for
a unstable system. :-(

Kind regards

        Andreas.