Re: Orphaned packages in testing which were never in stable

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 10:12:25PM +0200, Uwe Hermann wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 02:26:02AM +0200, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > #100252: ITA: powershell -- powerful terminal emulator for GNOME
>
> I'm working on a new version of powershell, but that might take a bit
> longer as I intend a complete re-packaging, and I have to investigate
> several bugs (upstream's dead, so I'll have to fix - if possible - everything
> myself)...
>
> Should I just fix as much as possible in the current package to get a
> newer version into woody, and do the re-packaging post-woody?
>
> If I upload tomorrow, is there a chance that it still gets into woody?

Can't speak for the RM, but if you upload tomorrow then it at least has
a chance - from what I've heard the testing scripts aren't going to be
told to freeze everything just yet.

I think it's still quite sensible to fix as many non-RC bugs as you can
if you have a reasonable expectation that the fixes won't cause RC bugs.