Re: How to make things change - need some help

Le Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 05:17:07PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr écrivait:
> * Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> [20020106 22:07]:
> > Several points in my answer. First the « Package Tracking System »
> > (yes, that's its new name that Roland Mas suggested me) is not only
> > to get BTS mails but it will be extended to get dinstall mails and
> > possibly other mails (summary mails we could send from time to time
>
> In this case I wonder if it shouldn't be integrated into the
> my.debian.org system recently proposed on -devel.  my.d.o sounds like
> a good idea because it would provide one central place.  (OTOH, my.d.o
> could simply link to the Package Tracking System.)

Well, my.debian.org is gonna be "developer centered". That is the
page provides useful content for the maintainer (ie concerning all the
packages he's maintaining and so on) while the PTS is package centered.
my.d.o is web based while the PTS is only mail based at the moment.
That may change however, Jérôme Marant may provide a kind of per package
portal to ease even more the communication about the maintenance of a
package. This would integrate nicely within the PTS and then my.d.o
could provide a link to the PTS for each package of the maintainer. :-)