Re: Low Averge Bug Counts

* Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> [011209 12:47]:
> How about the month's top bug-closers? That's easy to generate if you
> have access to /org/bugs.debian.org/spool/index.db on master, as that
> only stores open bugs and bugs with activity within the last month.
> Providing that you can handle developers who close bugs from multiple
> e-mail addresses, this is an interesting indication of people's recent
> activity.

I like this statistic.  Even if the first version of the report that has
the multiple addresses listed seperately would be fine, and a quick
post-processing script with a list of "aliases" can be devised.

If a set of sample data can be provided to work with we can develop and
test this on local machines too.  I don't have access to do this.
Who can make a first attempt at this?

> Nothing is completely representative, of course, but it doesn't
> necessarily need to be.

I agree.  Bug closers is relevant, indicates activity and is valid.  For
those developers that don't think this is representative of their work,
they have a choice to put more bugs through the system for them to
close.  This may increase the bug system activity level but it's public
communication and incrases communication with the users that choose to
look into the matters.  I feel it rewards the right results: closing
bugs.

--
-- Grant Bowman                                   <grantbow@svpal.org>