Re: new modutils needed to fix 106933

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 10:34:21AM +0200, Christian Kurz wrote:
> I quite understand that we'll need to get those bugs in the base
> packages fixed as soon as possible, but instead of contacting the
> maintainer _and_ Debian QA, would you please ask the maintainer first
> and ask him if he plans to fix the bug or if Debian QA should NMU.

Why would it not be proper for Debian QA to NMU?

Barring complete incompetence on the part of QA, any mistakes will just
mean that a new version will need to be uploaded, but that's needed
anywhere; and if the maintainer does an upload anyway, it'll be added
into the archive over the top of the QA upload, so no harm done.

Having QA being able to act as quickly as possible to fix RC bugs in
the area we're working on atm would be very helpful as far as getting
the release out in as timely a manner as possible.

Cheers,
aj