Dummy kernel-bin

Hi,

Nowadays I tried to install some packages, those required kernel-bin package
also.
My problem that I don't want to install any kind of kernel related packages
(kernel-source,kernel-bin) because I used to compile the kernel from the
source with special settings.

I would be very happy, if a dummy kernel-bin package would be created for
every 'real' kernel-bin package. Packages requires kernel-bin could be set
as requires
kernel-bin or kernel-bin-dummy.

This dummy package would be installed only if the proper kernel runs on the
machine, the source path (/usr/src/linux) is exist, + some check whether the
source is compiled properly.

Using this way I would be able to use packaged kernel-modules those are
requires kernel-bin.

Or is it possible to simple use --force-install? (I have to try that
anyway.)

Opinion?

Tamas