Re: fhs transition update

Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> writes:

> > > Yes, but if glimpse can't be fixed, it doesn't matter. lists-archives'
> > > dependency on it doesn't have to be Depends:.
> > >
> > > Jaako Niemi said he's going to get mnogosearch to work for list archives,
> > > anyway :)
> >
> >  Jossip,
>
> Sorry for the misspelling, Jaakko :) It's Josip, too :)

 That's a deal :)

> >   Craig has this already planned afaik.
>
> Does he? I haven't heard a word from him about it in months, after I
> mentioned to him that it should be done.

 Hmms. My sense of time might have slipped..

> >  I'm certainly willing to help. If the version of glimpse that is
> >  currently used does not have better support for utf-8 & other character
> >  sets than 3.1.17 of mnogosearch, I don't need any reason to push killing
> >  glimpse any further. Next major version of mnogosearch will have a lot
> >  improved support for different character sets.
>
> I don't believe it has support for non-US-ASCII languages, but then again, I
> don't quite know how to test that properly. ('sides, it's completely broken
> right now. :)

 We'll.. I cannot find anything with it at the moment, so if it's
that broken we won't be worse off. Mnogosearch should at least deal
all american/european/cyrillic character sets just fine.

> >  We can set up and test mnogosearch on the side without affecting the
> >  current search thingy. Whenever master has postgres 7.x installed,
> >  databases created and one extra uid created, we can start
> >  installing.
>
> Looks to me master has 7.1release-3.potato.1. The databases and UID can be
> set up if we ask debian-admin, they shouldn't have anything against it.

 That should be ok. I'll mail -admin after I get few other things
 done.

        -j