Re: fhs transition update

Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> writes:

> On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 12:48:31PM -0500, Colin Watson wrote:
> > >  7. glimpse
> > >     Marco Budde <Budde@tu-harburg.de>
> > >
> > > Has a grave security bug files now for almost 1.5 years (/tmp races).
> > > Probably won't make it into woody anyway. Is the maintainer MIA?
> >
> > We currently need it for the lists archives, as far as I can remember.
>
> Yes, but if glimpse can't be fixed, it doesn't matter. lists-archives'
> dependency on it doesn't have to be Depends:.
>
> Jaako Niemi said he's going to get mnogosearch to work for list archives,
> anyway :)

 Jossip,

  Craig has this already planned afaik. I'm certainly willing to
 help. If the version of glimpse that is currently used does not
 have better support for utf-8 & other character sets than 3.1.17
 of mnogosearch, I don't need any reason to push killing glimpse
 any further. Next major version of mnogosearch will have a lot
 improved support for different character sets.

 We can set up and test mnogosearch on the side without affecting the
 current search thingy. Whenever master has postgres 7.x installed,
 databases created and one extra uid created, we can start
 installing.

        -j