Re: Let's close down the QA committee

> Paul Wright <paul@cvanet.com> wrote:
> >On Tue, 17 Jul 2001 12:02:18 +0200, Martin wrote:
> >> As some of you may know, there is a "QA committee".  See
> >> http://qa.debian.org/people.html  It currently consists of:
> >>
> >>      * Raphaël Hertzog
> >>      * Christian Kurz
> >>      * Torsten Landschoff
> >>      * Martin Michlmayr
>
> [...]
>
> >I don't think you understand what Debian-QA is actually doing.  If you
> >would pay closer attention to the debian-qa list, you would discover that
> >QA is responsible for making lists of work that can or need be done on
> >packages that have been orphaned.
>
> Martin is one of the people who actually does a noticeable chunk of
> that; he does a positively heroic job for QA, having almost
> single-handedly set up base.debian.net, bugs.debian.net, and the MIA
> database (things I can think of offhand), and is probably the single
> person who least deserves or needs to be flamed about it. Perhaps you
> don't pay much attention to debian-qa yourself.
>
> Furthermore, he was proposing getting rid of the QA committee, not the
> QA group.
>
> >Pardon me for feeding the trolls, but sometimes I find it difficult to
> >resist. They're so darn cute ;)
>
> Maybe I should say the same thing. Please, please, please check your
> facts before going off with a knee-jerk reaction.

My apologies.

You are right, I should have read the post more carefully this morning
instead of making wrongful assumptions.  I had another mistake when I did
not read the fine print on the lists search page about defaulting to
Debian-user.

In the future, I'll read twice before I put my foot in my mouth, and wait
until I'm fully awake before I post.

--
  Paul T Wright <paul@cvanet.com>

   And, strange to tell, among the Earthen Lot
   Some could articulate, while others not:
      And suddenly one more impatient cried --
   "Who is the Potter, pray, and who the Pot?"

            -- The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam --