Let's close down the QA committee

As some of you may know, there is a "QA committee".  See
http://qa.debian.org/people.html  It currently consists of:

     * Raphaël Hertzog
     * Christian Kurz
     * Torsten Landschoff
     * Martin Michlmayr
     * Josip Rodin
     * Martin Schulze
     * Michael Stone

However, the QA committee doesn't really do anything.  Although there
are decisions to be made, the QA committee doesn't make them.  And
quite frankly, I'm glad it doesn't.  For example, there is the
question whether QA efforts should be put into important packages (the
base system, for example) or in orphaned packages, or in both.  Of
course the QA committee could define the direction of Debian's QA
efforts.  But, this is Debian, and things in Debian get done if people
do it, not if someone defines our direction.  Also, I'm not sure we
currently need many levels within QA.

Basically, I tried to come up with what a QA committee could actually
do.  And, well, I couldn't find anything.  So I suggest to officially
close the committee down.  However, perhaps not coming up with good
ideas was only a lack of my imagination.  If you have any good ideas
why we need a QA committee, let me know.

Having said this, I want to add that I think we need people who start
new QA projects and motivate other people to join (but they don't have
to be on a different level than others).