Re: hwtools should include MemMMXtest

On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 02:12:09PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > Ok, scsitools is now on it own way to Debian (a bit late for wednesday
> > but I have had to learn debconf first ;-).

I'm not sure the note should be `high' priority, perhaps medium. And it
shouldn't be displayed on upgrade (that was a bug in hwtools that I fixed in
my sources). I'll send you patches for this.

> > Uploaded few minutes ago to master, sources+sparc only. If you have time
> > to, could you also build it for i386?
>
> No problem, I'm getting it now...

Got it, compiles cleanly. Do expect some unrelated patches, though :)

> I'll see if I can get a powerpc person to recompile it, too.

Konstantinos Margaritis (Feanor :) was kind enough to do this just a few
moments ago, he says it compiled, but the code has lots of issues with
signed chars, which makes the programs behave badly. Quick workaround is to
add -fsigned-char to $CFLAGS, but it would be better to fix the code.