util-linux: bug #19039 still true ?

Hello,

Can someone else have a look to the bug #19039.
This old bug has been reassigned from sysvinit to mount, because of the
following :

"If any remote filesystems are mounted, the system will hang after a shutdown
-r and refuse to properly unmount even the local filesystems if any remote
computer is not responding.  For instance, if I mount a partition using NFS
from machine alex, and then alex goes away, my machine will refuse to shut
down because it apparently is trying to unmount from a machine that is no
longer turned on (or whatever).  This can cause corruption on LOCAL
filesystems too."

and Miquel van Smoorenburg reassigning it wrote:

"As you can see, I reassigned this bug to "mount". Note that this is actually
a kernel problem I am afraid as what you need to fix this is "hard unmounting",
something not implemented in the Linux kernel.

But a workaround would be a timeout in the mount program for NFS mounts.."

If this not solved (at least by the use of the `intr' option when mounting
a NFS) ?

Thierry LARONDE
thierry.laronde@polynum.com
website : http://www.polynum.com