Looking for a package to adopt

Hello,

I'm not a developer yet, but I'm looking for a package to adopt in order to
learn, with an actual example, how the work has to be done.

I absolutely don't care about the package by itself, I'd just like to adopt
a package not too difficult --- I'm an absolute beginner ;) ---, not hardware
specific --- basic PC ---, but that you think useful for Debian, and which has
several bugs pending.

The official ITP would be made in a few weeks (when I feel reasonably ready),
for woody. If, by the time, the package is already adopted, it will not be a
problem : seems that there is enough work for everybody...

TIA
--
Thierry LARONDE
thierry.laronde@polynum.com