Re: Signature for QA?

On Wed, Mar 31, 1999 at 04:42:39PM +0300, arto.astala@nokia.com wrote:
> > Hello, I am <insert name>, Debian developer, and member of Debian
> > Quality Assurance (QA) Group. We have noticed some errors in your
> how about 'there are open bug reports'

That does not imply that there are errors in the package. Okay, maybe
the wording may be little less harsh...

> > do it for you. Since these are bugs of <insert priority> priority,
> > you must know that we will be forced to upload if you don't do
>
> forced, or ..
>  - dark will remove us from qa-group
>  - our debian system will stop working and only scrolls insults
>    on the screen
>  - ... ?

This ain't so funny if you look at the total number of bugs open
on Debian packages.

> please say 'we would like to make a NMU (explain) to improve
> quality of debian system'

Okay, we aren't forced to upload in X days. But we will have the
right to upload in X days, and we are forced to do so if we want
to really assure the quality of Debian distribution.

> and remember to ask if there is a reason to not to fix any of
> these bugs, there just might be

If there is, it is recorded in the BTS, at bugs.debian.org/<number>.
Maintainers should know how to use the BTS.