RE: Signature for QA?

Josip Rodin [mailto:joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr] on: Wednesday, March 31, 1999 4:28
PM

> On Wed, Mar 31, 1999 at 02:49:18PM +0200, Christian Kurz wrote:
> > only about a signature, that
> > tells the maintainer, that the person, who contaced him works in the
> > QA-Team and contacts him, because there's a problem with
> > his package. I
> > think, that this would make it easier for the other
> > maintainers to see,
> > who contacts them. And I don't thought this only for asking
> > about NMUs.
> > Instead I meant this for every mail, that you as a member of the
> > QA-Team, write to a maintainer to fix or discuss a bug. Opinions?
>
> Well, this would be useful. If the QA people would mail messages with
> small introduction, like:
>
> +++
>
> Hello, I am <insert name>, Debian developer, and member of Debian
> Quality Assurance (QA) Group. We have noticed some errors in your
how about 'there are open bug reports'

> package(s) <insert list>, version <insert exact version>, and we'd
> like you to fix them, thus closing bug report(s) <insert numbers>.
>
> What you should do is <insert description of fixes>
>
> If you aren't capable of correcting these errors right now, just
> reply saying that you can't do it, and someone will step in and
> do it for you. Since these are bugs of <insert priority> priority,
> you must know that we will be forced to upload if you don't do

forced, or ..
 - dark will remove us from qa-group
 - our debian system will stop working and only scrolls insults
   on the screen
 - ... ?
please say 'we would like to make a NMU (explain) to improve
quality of debian system'

and remember to ask if there is a reason to not to fix any of
these bugs, there just might be

> anything within <insert number> days.
>
> [...]

t.aa