Re: brief thoughts on org/qa.debian.org

On Sat, Sep 18, 1999 at 12:15:14PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > * It is not clear in the docs how meta-tasks are added, either
> >   technically or procedurally.
>
> Tasks as meta-tasks are added by the QA committe. If you want to
> contact the technical committee, post here as we are reading this list
> or you can use this alias : committee@qa.debian.org

Not the techinical committee, but the QA committee. There is significant
difference :)

BTW could you make another, shorter alias? E.g. ctte@qa.debian.org ?

> > * Is it required that packages actually have their Maintainer reset to
> >   QA, or can i just generate a control mail from existing "O" fields?
>
> What do you mean by « existing "O" fields » ? And what do you want to know
> ?
>
> To orphan a package, you don't need to upload a version with QA as a
> maintainer, you just send the "orphan <package>" ... but your name will
> appear in the page and you will still get bug reports.

I believe netgod was referring to the format of the datafiles used by
the current WNPP software... I think the answer to that one would be
a partial "yes".

> > * Suggested motto: "all free, all good"
>
> :) It's not really QA related.

Well, it is... maybe this wording would be clearer:

"There's much more than freeness in Debian!"

BTW I think you should make a list of current QA ctte members, and core team
members and put it on a separate page. And BTW I accept your offer for being
in the QA ctte, not only the core team. And again BTW, I'd like if the
e-mail address when referring to me be changed to "joy@debian.org", not this
one.

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name