Re: Another job for the QA team

On Wed, Apr 14, 1999 at 05:28:20PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
>   I've found these window managers installed on your system:

Ummm. I think Branden is planning on changing these to be managed by the
alternatives mechanism. I think he's also planning on changing xterm's
(xterm, eterm, aterm, rxvt, whatever) to be handled the same way.

Check items 3 and 4 on the X Strike Force page [0].

OTOH, it'd probably be nice to have dpkg or apt or something support
somewhat more elegant prompting for alternatives handling after an
install. I'd suspect discussion is probably more appropriate on -admintool
(as in, configuration management), or -dpkg (as in, where it's probably
best implemented).

YMMV, FWIW, etc.

Cheers,
aj